Workforce development is the coordination of public and private-sector policies and programs that provides individuals with the opportunity for a sustainable livelihood and helps organizations achieve exemplary goals, consistent with the societal context.
- The societal perspective focus is future economic stability and growth.
- The organizational perspective provides coordinated and relevant talent development to stay globally competitive.
- An individual perspective centers on training and education.
- To meet the talent attraction, development, and retention needs of strategic industries.
- To meet the needs of the underemployed and unemployed.
- To develop career pathways that lead to sustainable wage jobs and support a thriving mission.
WorkSource Montgomery Roles
WSM will play several roles in furtherance of our mission:
- We endeavor to catalyze change in the community to build an effective workforce development system.
- We will be a community facilitator and convener to identify issues and act collectively with partners to address them.
- We will act as an intermediary/broker between the supply and demand sides of the workforce system about current and future skill needs to ensure mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
- We will be an advocate on workforce development issues at the local, state, and national level.
Organizational Core Values
Our Common Value: We believe in and are passionate about the following shared principles, beliefs and priorities.
LEADERSHIP: We will have the courage to lead from the front and shape the future. We believe in our role as stewards of of public trust and the future of the people we serve.
CHANGE: We believe in bringing to bear all relevant talents and resources to provide opportunities for our customers to succeed and thrive, one person and one business at a time.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE: We will give the best and world class service and achieve excellence each passing day.
INTEGRITY: We believe in living our values every minute of every day. We believe in doing the right thing right the first time for our customers and always honoring our commitments.
OPERATING PRINCIPLES: The following principles define the way the WSM operates with regard to the goals and strategies.
The core processes employed by organization to accomplish the goals will operate in the following fashion.
- We will continuously ensure that our strategies meet changing needs and expectations of our customers and the marketplace.
- We will ensure access for all and attend to the diverse needs for our customers in all aspects for service delivery.
- We will be regional as will as local in our perspective in problem solving and decision-making.
- We will use the principle of data-driven and fact-based decision-making in the operational end of all systems and processes.
- We will conduct ongoing evaluation to provide data to continuously access the outcomes and appropriateness of programs and delivery systems for which we will hold ourselves accountable.
- We will stretch our reach through strategic alliances built within the community on all workforce development initiatives.