WorkSource Montgomery, Inc. (WSM) is seeking to fill the position of Reports and Events Consultant who will coordinate with a small team that is assisting women and men who are currently training within the Tech Hire and America’s Promise USDOL grant program. WSM is proud to be a partner in this effort led by Montgomery College. This position is a part-time role and is funded through a federal grant opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Talent Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Human resource and employment staffing experience
- Knowledge and experience working with an American Job Center (AJC)
- Past career event coordination and planning experience
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet development and data reports
This program is designed to support individuals in obtaining training and job placement for
information technology positions that are needed in our region. Specific duties for this position
- Ensures compliance and reporting of program activities.
- Supports the administrative, event and reporting requirements of the program.
- Consults with American Job Center and WSM staff to determine objectives, requirements, and/or format for events, such as recruitment events, career fairs, special meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Ensures administrative coordination takes place and that data reporting and accountability on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist with coordination services for events, such as proper registration in portals such as the Maryland Workforce Exchange, accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing, and event security.
- Support the development of graphs, charts, and other data reporting methodology for presentation.
- Confer with staff to ensure proper accountability and reporting of all outcomes and measures.
- Ensure the close and continuous use of all data reporting software and other methods.
- Maintain records of event aspects, including attendance, placement, and registration details.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, the satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
11002 Veirs Mill Road, Wheaton, MD. Some travel around Montgomery County is required to attend events and meetings.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications
** WorkSource Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer