WorkSource Montgomery, Inc. (WSM) is seeking talented individuals to serve as the Director of Administration & Finance.
WSM is looking for a Director of Finance and Administration to provide overall technical and management leadership, guidance and oversight of the organization’s operations, finance, grants, and contracts portfolio. She/ he will be the custodian of financial, accounting, IT, branch operations, supply chain, grants, and contracts process to ensure WSM is compliant with local, state, and federal finance, budget, procurement, grants, and compliance standards and that the processes enable WSM to achieve its strategic priorities. In addition, to strong technical knowledge and experience, the Director of Finance and Administration will be a key leader within the organization whose leadership style should reflect high Emotional Intelligence (EI) and their ability to lead while nurturing talent.
Responsibilities & Duties
Strategic Leadership and Oversight Role:
- Provide direction and strategic leadership to the organization’s finance, IT, supply chain, branch operations, grants, and contracts portfolio to ensure that operational processes efficiently support program teams.
- Ensure that the finance, IT, supply chain, grants and contracts systems and process align with WSM’s Strategic Plan and priorities.
- Ensure that WSM’s policies and procedures align with WSM’s Finance, Procurement, Grants and Contracts policies, procedures, and requirements, and proactively identify and manage any potential conflicts to ensure compliance with the necessary regulations.
- Design and maintain internal systems that ensure accurate and timely reporting on financial performance of the organization.
- Consistently demonstrate a leadership style that reflects high emotional intelligence, nurtures talent, and reinforces the right tone at the top of the organization.
- Promote and demonstrate an ethical environment, in line with WSM’s values of honesty and acting with integrity.
- Supervise and provide leadership to WSM’s Finance & Performance Management operations and sub-awards teams.
Financial Reporting and Policies:
- Establish and/or refine and disseminate policies, systems and practices for effective management, procurement, disbursement and accounting for all financial resources in line with WSM accounting policies, funder requirements and local law where required.
- Work closely with the finance contractor to prepare submission of monthly financial packages to WSM and to ensure complete, accurate and timely recording and reporting of transactions.
- Coordinate with Programs and co-lead monthly review and analysis of financial reports and reconciliations with attention to how resources can be better allocated to achieve program objectives, Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Donor compliance.
Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Compliance:
- Lead the annual operating budgeting process.
- Validate monthly common cost analysis and update cost ratios to ensure each donor bears the correct proportion of common costs in line with WSM’s policy, as applicable.
- Manage the common direct cost budget to ensure efficient and effective use of donor funds to support common direct costs, when necessary.
- Develop, track and review WSM consolidated budget and departmental budgets in consultation with budget holders and finance team and conduct detailed activity status review.
- Prepare and track grant budgets. Prepare modifications and Activity realignments as necessary.
- Monitor performance and efficiency of on-going grant projects by analyzing monthly spend rates and highlighting possible problem areas.
- Monitor and manage WSM’s cash position to ensure it is adequate to support mission and activities. Advise on and implement strategies as needed.
- Ensure all tax filings are submitted timely and correctly including Corporate 990, payroll taxes, sales tax exemption, personal property tax, Simple IRA plan filing and charitable registration.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control internal divisions.
Technical Support, Audits and Legal:
- Support preparation and successful conclusion of internal and external auditing for grantor annual audit reporting.
- Ensure that WSM responds to audit requests on a timely basis, and provides clear, complete, and accurate information to auditors.
- Review management comments for audit reports and ensure appropriate action is taken to correct audit findings.
- In collaboration with legal counsel and Human Resources, minimize legal risk to the organization and engage any legal issues confronting the organization.
- Review and test controls to ensure WSM systems are compliant with WSM Services Finance, Grants and Contracts policies, donor requirements, as well as Sierra Leone’s laws.
- Ensure prompt preparation and submission of statutory returns, donor reports and tax compliance.
Operational Management and Administration:
- Ensure branch operations, IT, procurement, warehouse, and fleet management activities are delivered efficiently.
- Ensure adherence to WSM matrix on Approval limits for procurement of goods and Services.
- Conduct quarterly oversight and supervision visits to field offices to review the quality of business operations systems and activities and provide support, when necessary.
Sub-Award and Sub-Contractor Management:
- Lead the development and negotiation of sub-award agreements, workplans and budgets
- Coordinate monthly reporting process from sub-awardees and joint programmatic and financial reports reviews, ensuring that costs are in line with the progress on delivery and implementation and that budget variances explanations are provided.
- Conduct regular sub-award visits / evaluations to verify adherence to contract terms and gauge internal control systems to obtain confidence in the reports submitted to WSM.
- Design and implement a proactive, rigorous, risk-based and effective sub-awardee monitoring system and approach.
- Contribute to designing the capacity building plan for sub-awardees in financial management, internal control systems, budgeting and forecasting, technical programs implementation and coordinate the provision of trainings when needed
- Lead sub-award closeout in accordance with WSM policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in administrative and financial management capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Non-Profit accounting and financial reporting, federal grant accounting, particularly grants associated with the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA), and other workforce development program requirements strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate complex financial data, compliance requirements, and strategies to improve financial performance to WSM BOD, LWDB, strategic partners, Directors and managers.
- Competitive compensation.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Full benefits package including life and disability insurance.
- IRA retirement plan.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Company events and team building activities to promote workplace culture.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply here: https://worksourcemontgomery.isolvedhire.com/jobs/335927-140759.html.
WSM values a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. WSM participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.