« All Events
- This event has passed.
Prince George’s Fire Department Virtual Information Session
February 10 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm UTC+0
The Prince George’s County Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department is the sixteenth busiest fire department in the United States and the largest in the State of Maryland. Prince George’s County is a large (nearly 500 square mile) jurisdiction composed of communities that range from urban and suburban to rural and agricultural. The Fire/EMS Department answers over one hundred forty thousand calls for service annually, protecting close to a million residents and visitors. Our emergency response workforce includes over 900 sworn personnel operating from 50 community stations and support facilities. Service disciplines include fire suppression, basic and advanced life support, hazardous materials, fire prevention, life safety, forensic investigation and explosive mitigation, as well as a variety of specialized teams.
PGDF has multiple job openings for Firefighter I / EMT.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have high school diploma or equivalent
• Have valid driver’s license
• Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent residency
• Starting salary-$44,658
• Work schedule-8 days a month (upon completion of training on a 24/72 work schedule)
• Full pension and retirement benefits after 20 years of service
• 457 Deferred Compensation plan to supplement pension
• Excellent health, vision, and dental plans
Participants must register for this event in Maryland Workforce Exchange (https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/)
***Details on how to access this event via Google Meet will be provided after registration.***
For more information, contact Aneta Lefterov at firstname.lastname@example.org