The days after your layoff are crucial for setting the right wheels in motion. Shock, anger, frustration and other emotions come into play, even if you know the change is
The days after your layoff are crucial for setting the right wheels in motion. Shock, anger, frustration and other emotions come into play, even if you know the change is coming. The key to securing your next job is to get yourself moving forward as quickly as possible. Here are tips to survive and even thrive after your position has been eliminated.
How to Register for a Workshop
- Workshop registrations can be found by visiting https://mwejobs.maryland.gov.
- Workshop registrations will be available up to one (1) day before the scheduled
- The WALK-IN STANDBY POLICY allows customers who are unable to register, to access seats that may become available the day of the workshop, see details of how to sign-up
- Reserved seats are held for customers who are pre-registered and arrive on time.
- In fairness to all workshop participants, ten (10) minutes after the scheduled start-time (regardless of available seating), doors will be closed and workshops will begin.
- Intensive Services Orientation (No Grace Period)
- The ISU/WIA Orientation Workshop begins promptly when scheduled. There is no grace period for this workshop.
- Important Note about Childcare: Childcare is not available. Children will not be allowed in the training.
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Montgomery County American Job Center (Germantown)
12900 Middlebrook Road, Suite 1100 Room 6, Germantown, MD 20874